Thursday, October 2, 2008

BSF Lesson 3

Exodus 2:11-25

In this passage, I am struck at God's patience with us. God chose Moses as the deliverer of His people. Yet, Moses seemed to take matters into his own hands. Moses must have been a big and strong man to have killed an Egyptian. I see, though, that it is not mentioned in the text that Moses prayed to God first. He just came to the defense of the Hebrew. Here, I see Moses as passionate, self-reliant, self-righteous, and brave. Moses left all the wealth, education, and power to identify himself with the Jews. But, Moses had to leave the people he loved so much because Pharaoh wanted to kill him for killing an Egyptian.

So, Moses had to "do time" as an "alien residing in a foreign land" before he could be useful for God to deliver Israel.

How am I "doing time" for my self-reliance and disobedience?

No comments: